We’ve just finished a round of improvements for our showcase app, Recce. Recce is a fast, beautiful and fun way to explore the world with video game visuals; it’s built on top of our 3D mapping platform and offers a taste of what our technology can do.
Of particular interest, we’ve released iOS & Android Recce apps that have map data for the United States, Canada and Great Britain – you’re no longer confined to a single city!
Some of the things you can do with Recce include:
- Search for museums, galleries, parks, entertainment venues and tourist information.
- Find hotels and accommodation with ratings and user reviews.
- Create your own pins to mark locations on the map that interest you.
- Use your GPS location to discover nearby coffee shops and places to eat.
- Orient the map to whichever direction you are facing.
- Display the map in a more traditional flat style.
- Use the app offline - map tiles are streamed as you move around the map (internet connection required), but are cached so you can use the map later when offline.
- Customize your map by altering the season, time of day and even the weather.
To get the app, head over to the App Store (iOS) and the Google Play Store (Android). Alternatively, check out our Recce product page.